I am using Eloquence TTS.
As for the update, it is not an OS update as the Moto G 2015 already
had the latest Android running on it. It was a system update that has
seemingly addressed some security issues and some other bugs. The
TalkBack related issue is still there with the notification panel,
haven't come across the ringtone silencing issue after that, but then
I never had it on a regular basis, it would happen from time to time,
so don't really know whether it is fixed.
Best,