let us have our own ring tones on iPhone without have to jailbreaking on any
IOS even on latest!
the process is very simple if you have understood thee Itunes layout and
syncing process.
1.  cut/make a clip which should not exceed 40 seconds.  worth noting: the clip
should not exceed 40 seconds.
2.  convert that clip in to m4a using standard audio converters such as gold
wave.
3.  just rename that extension from m4a to m4r.
now you have made the iPhone compatible tone.  then add that m4r file in to
your itunes library and connect your iPhone.  Click on iPhone and select tones
within the tree view.  then select sync all ringtones and click on sync that
ring tone could be found on your iPhone tones.
I have tested it and it is working on iPhone 5s and iPhone 6