For some reasons, these navigational settings don't work in the editing mode
in Whatsapp application.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Satguru Rathi
  To: Dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing accessibility of mobile phones
and Tabs.
  Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 12:35 PM
  Subject: Re: [Mobile.AI] (Mobile.AI) Help needed in android phone

  Hi,

  1. Assign swipe down/up gesture to next/ previous navigation settings. Now,
when you need to read text from any app including Messaging, WhatsApp, etc.
first change the navigation setting to the desired preference I.E:
Character/word/paragraph/line and then read the text by swiping left/right.
  2. Same is applicable to editing; first activate the edit field, change the
navigation setting to word/line and then move within the edit box to the place
where you want to edit by swiping left/right.
  3.

  With best regards,
  Satguru
  "Life's battle do not always go, to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or
later the one who wins, is the one who thinks he can."

  Satguru Rathi
  +91-9871489945
  +91-8076761833
  satgurura...@gmail.com