> It does have some nice features. I'd like to see all the CSS-selector
> emulation in MochiKit, but adding properties to or proxying DOM
> objects is not something I want MochiKit to do.

Yes, that's the single greatest feature of jQuery, the CSS and Xpath
selector. And it can work on any document. Consider this very easy rss
reader:

$.get("rss20.xml", got_response);
function got_response(xml) {
    var items = $("/rss/channel/item", xml);
    items.each( function() {
        var title = $('title', this).get(0).firstChild.nodeValue;
        var link = $('link', this).get(0).childNodes[0].nodeValue;
        $('ul#rss_titles').append( $.LI({}, $.A({href:link}, title)) );
    });
};

BTW How would I do this with Mochikit?