On 28-Aug-06, at 11:49 AM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> Sounds like a good idea. Generalized storage would be fine by me, but
> only if the representation is JSON. It would be nice if the cookie
> storage could tell you (by exception or true/false return value) if
> said data didn't fit in a cookie for whatever reason.

How does this API look:

MochiKit.Storage.retrieve(key)

MochiKit.Storage.store(
   key, value
   or {key: value, key1: value1, ...}
   or [[key, value], [key1, value1]]
) - throws when full or unavailable

MochiKit.Storage.destroy(key) - delete()s the key.

MochiKit.Storage.expires(date) - defaults to discard when browser
session is over. Makes sense for Cookies, but what about FormStorage
or some other technique?

MochiKit.Storage.setProvider(string) - defaults to Cookie.

MochiKit.Storage.storageUsed()

MochiKit.Storage.storageFree()

Beau