Howdy List,
   So I am using MochiKit in concert with dojo and seeing some weird
behavior.  If I build out a div with MochiKit.DOM>DIV({}) and append it
to an existing DOM element on the page like so:

var root = MochiKit.DOM.DIV({ 'dojoType':'Tree',
'menu':'treeContextMenu',
                                'DNDMode':'between', 'selector':'treeSelector',
'actionsDisabled':'addChild',
                                'toggler':'fade', 'widgetId':'firstTree',
                                'controller':'treeController'},
this.BuildMenu(menu_data));
MochiKit.DOM.swapDOM('dummy', root);

and the immediantly after call:

        var firstTree = dojo.widget.manager.getWidgetById('firstTree');
        for(eventName in firstTree.eventNames) {
                dojo.event.topic.subscribe(
                        firstTree.eventNames[eventName],
                        new reporter('firstTree'),
                        'go'
                );
        }
 firstTree is undefined.  But if I put the same html in the page
statically firstPage is defined.  What am I missing?

Fred