On Sep 1, 2006, at 11:09 AM, michelts wrote:

> I want to know if there is some advantage except to the less code
> script, is there any performace gain? I want to know if there is a way
> to do a lambda function inside a map (as I can do in python), I think
> in something like:
>
>     function openJSON() {
>         deferred = loadJSONDoc('json/Cities');
>         deferred.addCallback(function (json) {
>             var newUL = UL(null, map(lambda(x, LI(null,
> A({'href':'test?id='+x.id}, x.name))), json));
>             swapDOM('test', newUL);
>         });
>     }

In javascript, you can do better than python's lambda (which limits
itself to a single expression).

Javascript has proper anonymous functions:

   function (x, y) { return x + y; }(1, 2) => 3

So, your code above:

function openJSON() {
     var d = loadJSONDoc('json/Cities');
     d.addCallback(
         function (json) {
             var newUL = UL(null, map(
                function(x) {
                    return LI(null, A({href: 'test?id=' + x.id},
x.name)); },
                json));
             swapDOM('test', newUL);
         }