Thanks for your reply and the tip for using inner DIVs (although you
loose the different types of borders if you use the outer DIV for the
border).
I agree that you can't rely totally on user agent strings, but I think
that the majority of the web surfers will not spoof their browser
identification unless a website is "Internet Explorer only".
Perhaps we should let go of the idea that _every_ webiste must be
rendered and be fully functional in _every_ broswer on _every_
condition (i.e. Javascript is enabled or not).

But that's a totally different discussion...