Bob -

Interesting. I didn't see that option. I think it's obvious that my
non-existent knowledge of Phython and Twisted are showing. I followed
the links to Twisted in the doco to educate myself with the sole
result of a massive headache. :-)

Clearly I'm still not quite getting it:

d.addCallback(
        function (req,msg) {
                logDebug(msg);
        },
        'Hello');

msg comes up empty in the callback. So how do I get the passed
parameter?

Thanks,
Juergen