On 12/16/06, Thomas Hervé <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've added a new full-featured example of Visual effects in the trunk,
> with the MochiKit site style:
> http://mochikit.com/examples/effects/full.html.
>
> Among others, it shows the new Morph effect adapted from Scriptaculous
> (with some differences). Every feedback will be welcome :).

Nice.

It would be great if this -- or even better, some the Animator demos
(like the impressive Fisheye demo at the bottom of
http://gr.ayre.st/~grayrest/animator/animator.html) -- were the first
thing people saw when they went to the MochiKit demos page. Never
underestimate the "Wow, that looks really cool" effect in making
people take another look at your code. Sure, the interactive
Javascript interpreter is useful -- but the animations are *cool*. And
that's what will catch people's attention first. Then as they figure
out how to put those cool effects on their page, they'll also start to
grasp just how nice the rest of the MochiKit code is as well.

Now for a bit of negative feedback: on my Linux box (Firefox 2.0 on
Ubuntu Edgy), the "puff" effect looks a little odd. The background
rectangle grows and fades out, while the edge rectangle (the one
that's slightly darker) maintains its shape and sticks to the upper
left-hand corner of the growing-and-fading background rectangle. The
other effects all look right, it's just the "puff" effect where the
background "detaches" itself from the outside-edge rectangle.

--
Robin Munn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]