On 1/11/07, dnuske <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all I have a problem thats making me crazy
>
> When I make my table
>
> mytable = TABLE({},
> TBODY({},
>         TR({},
>                 [
>                 TD({'class':'myclass'}, 'someword'),
>                 TD({'class':'myclass'}, ' ')
>                 ]
>         )
> )
> )
>
> I need the space character because If it isn't TD wont aply the styles.
>
> the problem is:
> · if I put a space character, will be writen as a space, that means
> nothing to the html parses of navigators.

DOM isn't HTML. It doesn't necessarily ignore spaces in the same way.

> · if I put escapeHTML(' ')       (toHTML is as the safe)  , will be
> writen as a space (I espected this to write &nbsp;  encoded space
> character)
> · if I put &nbsp; the TD function (or some other) encodes the
> umpersand. so, writes &amp;nbsp;  (I would espect this if I pass the
> string for the escapeHTML)

You don't expect the correct things from these functions. MochiKit.DOM
doesn't work with HTML at all, it works with DOM functions. DOM
functions do not deal with HTML input, except for innerHTML.

The equivalent to &nbsp; is '\u00a0'. A normal space character is
'\u0020' (same thing as ' ').

Anyway, if that doesn't work, then you're probably going to have to
post a full example if you want help. A full example includes an
entire HTML document, JavaScript, and CSS so that someone else can
actually see what exactly your problem is and know when it's fixed.

-bob