In previous messages I thought my problems due to some quirks in IE
DOM, but after some hours of tries I am wondering: what's wrong with
Mochikit.Async and IE?

Some code:

var caricacombo=function(tipo) {
if (tipo=='progetti') {
var d=postJSON('http://192.168.9.1:8081/da/combo.py',
{'combocontents':tipo});
d.addCallback(FillCombo);}}

var FillCombo=function(analist) {
alert("TEST");------------>IE never shows this!
var comboana=document.getElementById("anagr");
var comboresp=document.getElementById("resp");
var combostato=document.getElementById("stato");
var l=analist.anagr.length;
var j=0;
while (j<l) {
comboana.options[j]=new Option(analist.anagr[j],analist.anagr[j]);
j=j+1;
}
.....other combos here....}

var postJSON=function(url,postVars){
var req=getXMLHttpRequest();
req.open("POST",url,true);
req.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-
urlencoded");
var data=queryString(postVars);
var d=sendXMLHttpRequest(req,data);
return d.addCallback(evalJSONRequest);
}

OK in FF but IE never gets to Alert("TEST"). I tried via POST because
with loadJson I had similar or worse problems (always ok in FF). I
please any hints..