I wanted to embed a table in a form, and it took me a long time to
figure out how to do it.

If cloneNode had been listed as a mochikit function at

http://mochikit.com/doc/html/MochiKit/index.html

I could have gotten the job done a lot faster.

test1 = function() {
    insertTable1();
    embedPrettyTables();
}

embedPrettyTables = function() {
    forEach ( ( findChildElements( currentDocument(),
["table.prettytable", "form.prettyform"]) ), function(el) {
        //appendChildNodes( currentDocument().body, FORM( {},
el.cloneNode( true ) ) );
        //removeElement(el)
        swapDOM(el, FORM({}, el.cloneNode(true)) );
    } )
}

Could this be added to the main documentation to prevent others from
having this issue?

Or is the use of cloneNode discouraged? In which case how should I
have accomplished the above?

I wasted a lot of time trying to use the clone(obj) method, whose
purpose I still haven't really figured out.

t.