Hi all,

    I'm just beginning with Mochikit and have a very basic question. I have
3 columns, each of them has a search field at the top. I'd like it so that
when you select a search field, that column highlights. Then when you tab to
the next field, the next one highlights, and the previous one goes back to
normal.

    I either don't understand how connect works or I'm doing it wrong, this
is what I have so far. I tried the addElementClass by itself and it works,
not sure why the connect doesn't work.

js:
---
function myLoadFunction() {

    Mochikit.Signal.connect('product_search', 'onfocus',
        function() {
                        MochiKit.DOM.addElementClass("product_column",
"column_highlighted");
            });

};

MochiKit.Signal.connect(window, "onload", myLoadFunction);
---

css:
---
.column {
        background-color: white;
}

.column_highlighted {
        background-color: blue;
}
---

xhtml:
---
<form method="post"
action="index.php"
name="main_form">

<input
tabindex="0"
type="text"
id="product_search"
name="product_search"
value="" />
<select multiple="multiple" name="product_list">
...snip...
</select>

</form>