I'm a big fan of MochiKit and it has served me well.

I recently learned I can replace AJAX polling with something much
better
called "Comet" aka "long polling" aka "http push".

I know there is a TurboGears+Dojo presentation at Pycon on this but I
was wondering if we must all replace MochiKit for Dojo to do this
paradigm.

Furthermore, doesn't Comet/http push/long polling require some
modifications to your *server* to do it right?? (e.g. event driven
instead of multithreaded ??)

I don't see how Dojo or any Javascript library can do it all by
itself.

Sincerely,

Chris