On Aug 21, 11:08 am, "Per Cederberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Could you provide a simple example on how this MochiKit.DOMSelector
> class is supposed to be used. Compared to the current way to do
> things.

<pre>
// hide all DIV elements with CLASS hideme
MochiKit.get('div.hideme').fade({from: 1.0, to: 0.0});

// add CLASS showme to all other DIV elements then CLASS hideme
MochiKit.get('div').filter(':not(.hideme)').addClass('showme');

// show all DIV elements with CLASS showme
MochiKit.get('div').filter('.showme').appear({from: 0.0, to: 1.0});

// the above two can be chained like this
MochiKit.get('div').filter(':not(.hideme)').addClass('showme').appear({from:
0.0, to: 1.0});
</pre>

> I agree that there is some utility to mixing in additional functions
> into DOM objects, like for instance Prototype does. But I'm not so
> sure that it should be done by default in MochiKit.

No, I don't favor altering of the native JavaScript objects including
DOM objects.
The proposed DOMSelector class should use `MochiKit.Selector`
functions to
extend the library with features like JQuery.