I commonly use forEach within another function, like the following
example:

    connect(el, 'onclick', function(e){
        var my_var = getNodeAttribute(e.src(), 'someattr');
        forEach(getElementsByTagAndClassName('div', 'some_class'),
function(mydiv){
            if(getNodeAttribute(mydiv, 'someattr') == my_var){
                 // do something
            }
        }
    });

Unfortunately 'my_var' takes on unexpected values, because the
function that acts as the body of the forEach is a closure (I think).
Converting the above code to use a plain old 'for' loop acts as
expected:

    connect(el, 'onclick', function(e){
        var my_var = getNodeAttribute(e.src(), 'someattr');
        var arr = getElementsByTagAndClassName('div', 'some_class');
        for(var i=0; i<arr.length; i++){
            var mydiv = arr[i];
            if(getNodeAttribute(mydiv, 'someattr') == my_var){
                 // do something
            }
        }
    });

Using a partial function for the forEach body with 'my_var'
preinitialised seems clunky to me and definitely reduces readability.
What is the most elegant way to make forEach behave as expected (as
illustrated by the second example)?

Thanks!

Eoghan