I'd prefer a non-incompatible fix for this. One obvious improvement
would be to add a dict() function:

http://github.com/cederberg/mochikit-patches/blob/1e0dd2fcc3c80e1fe78f87d9ca7d9ba16b9eee09/MochiKit/Base.js#L71

But for forms, some values might be repeated so that wouldn't solve it
all. Actually, I don't know if the current formContents() handles that
correctly... For the proposed widget library I rewrote it as this:

http://github.com/cederberg/mochikit-patches/blob/1e0dd2fcc3c80e1fe78f87d9ca7d9ba16b9eee09/MochiKit/Widget.js#L963

None of the above is in the MochiKit repository yet due to lack of
time on my part. Been working full-time with other stuff for a while,
but I'm planning to come back to MochiKit eventually. And tend to the
issues reported in Trac and here on the list.

Anyway. I think the best solution might be to create a new
formContents (different name) to allow for an alternative API. We'd
then deprecate the old implementation and remove entirely eventually.
Improving the download packager, we might even provide a "strict"
version or so.

Cheers,

/Per