Harald Jung <harald.j...@ecos.de> writes:

> cdc_mbim 1-3:2.0 wwan0: register 'cdc_mbim' at usb-0000:00:14.0-3, CDC
> MBIM, 26:02:bf:cc:23:fc
> usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_mbim
> usbnet_bh: cdc_mbim 1-3:2.0 wwan0: rxqlen 0 --> 5
> cdc_ncm_rx_verify_nth16: cdc_mbim 1-3:2.0 wwan0: invalid NTH16
> signature <0x686d636e>

That's extremely useful and does explain why you are having problems:
0x686d636e is 'ncmh', indicating that the modem is running in 32bit
header mode.  We don't support that.

But I don't understand why this happens with the driver versions you are
using.  We have seen this problem before, caused by a bug in the driver
initialization sequence. But that was fixed ages ago.

I don't remember exactly, but I do wonder if this wasn't also a symptom
of the NDP ordering thing? But you've already tested that, so that's not
it either.

What seems very clear is that these Huawei firmwares are extremely
sensitive to anything remotely unexpected from the driver, and that they
default to this optional, and pretty pointless, 32bit mode.  I have had
enough of that.  You're probably better off with some other modem.  Or
you can rearrange the driver initialization until it matches whatever
Huawei thinks it should do.  I am unable to care anymore.  Let Huawei
figure it out.

Bjørn