On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Dan Williams <d...@redhat.com> wrote:

>> > Looks OK to me, though if we're not exposing the flow control via
>> > the
>> > D-Bus API on the Modem object, should we just not bother making it
>> > property there?  It's not used anywhere yet...
>>
>> After moving the flow control setting to the bearer creation method I
>> needed a way to receive the actual setting value; and definitely
>> didn't want to modify the mm_broadband_bearer_new() parameters with a
>> new MMFlowControl one (as that method is used in lots of plugins as
>> well). So, at the end I did need a way to get information from the
>> modem object from within the bearer object, so instead of having a
>> mm_broadband_modem_get_connected_flow_control() method as in the
>> first
>> patch, I ended up with the read-only property... too convoluted
>> maybe?
>
> mm_broadband_bearer_new() is only used in 9 places though (including
> the 2 hits in mm-broadband-bearer.c/h itself).  Not too many for me to
> say we shouldn't bother changing it?

Well, the thing is that we would then have 9 places calling
mm_broadband_modem_get_connected_flow_control() instead of one (as the
modem subclasses in the plugin don't have direct access to
self->priv->flow_control in the MMBroadbandModem... don't know, I'm
not very convinced with any of the solutions, truth be told.

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es