On 26/07/17 17:51, Aleksander Morgado wrote:

>> I wonder if issuing ATZ is the right thing to do here at all?
>>
>> It's trying to reset the modem to a well-known state, but ATZ doesn't do
>> that - it loads the default user defined profile - which could be
>> anything that the user or another piece of software has saved with AT&W.
>>

> I guess it all depends on the modem in use. Plus, yeah, users may
> configure the modem in some way that may then not work correctly with
> ModemManager's logic; we have to live with that I'd say.

This unfortunately will also persist if the user sells the modem to
someone else unfortunately, which seems a bit broken, I wonder if AT&F1
is better if MM provides some sort of user hook to add extra config.
BTW AT&F1 doesn't erase the custom configuration profiles, it just
doesn't use them.

Apart from this ATZ vs AT&F1 issue, just running which ever one is chose
once on port open, not after every call would fix the hot-swap issue.
What are your thoughts on that?

> Are you testing MM with a TTY exposing multiple virtual channels via
> CMUX already? How's your setup?

I have been (using an small standalone program to set up CMUX, and then
running MM against the virtual channel ttys without any knowledge of the
parent/master tty).  It sort of works, but I have been having a few
issues - one with call hangup (although I think now that this is
probably due to MM not issuing AT&D2 or similar before trying the DTR
hangup method), and the other is down to an apparent deadlock when the
tty gets passed to pppd.

I'm seeing this deadlock in CMUX mode on a Beaglebone (armhf), and also
in "normal" mode on (i.e. no CMUX) on the Beaglebone.  I'm not seeing
the deadlock on amd64 in non-CMUX mode, but I haven't got to the bottom
of things yet...

Tim.

--
South East Open Source Solutions Limited
Registered in England and Wales with company number 06134732.