Dan Williams <d...@redhat.com> writes:

> Not sure this does exactly what we want though, as the Telit xN930
> documentation for CID_MODEM_REBOOT says:
>
> "This command reboots the device into firmware update mode. After the
> command is sent the device shuts down and reboots in firmware update
> mode."

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks.  No, that's definitely not something we'd
want for a normal "reset" operation.

There's one of the problems trying to figure out stuff by observing
behaviour: It's easy to miss important details.  I am pretty sure my
modem rebooted and ended up running the already installed application
firmware.  But I might have missed a delay where it waited for firmware
update.  And that timeout could very well be specific to the
vendor/modem/firmware, so it's not something to depend on

And I had completely forgotten about the xN930 docs, which I see that I
also have.  Should read more of that and less of my own experimental
notes ;-)

Bjørn