On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 08:46:30AM +0000, Federico Murciano wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> We are trying to set up a standalone connection between our Quectel Modem
> RG500QEA_VH or RM500 but after inserting the SIM card we dont receive any
> signal. Do we need to make some special configuration for using standalone
> mode? We are trying to connect to a private standalone base station owned by
> a research company in Berlin and they cant help us as they also did not
> manage yet to connect with the modems they have. Thanks in advance.

Hi Federico,

there is at least one RM500Q user who was able to do so, see
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/libqmi/-/issues/32 .

For the engineering samples from that time there were
separate firmware versions for 5G-NSA and 5G-SA available.

AFAIK current devices should be able to support 5G-NSA and 5G-SA with the
same firmware but not all bands/modes might be supported yet. If you are
using a NR FDD band try switching to a NR TDD band or vice versa.

Regards,
Reinhard