Hello,

>>> Please take a look at the recent Cinterion plugin changes, because
>>> Giacinto has already implemented this kind of thing for Cinterion
>>> modems, using the SetInitialEpsBearerSettings() method:
>>> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/ModemManager/api/latest/gdbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Modem.Modem3gpp.html#gdbus-method-org-freedesktop-ModemManager1-Modem-Modem3gpp.SetInitialEpsBearerSettings
>>>
>>> See
>>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mobile-broadband/ModemManager/-/commit/e2ab49db0f5078716156c70a23f8f5d5b6d27848
>>> for the specific details. In the case of Cinterion modems, it was not
>>> always CID=1, it was required some additoinal logic to guess which
>>> would be the correct CID to use based on the operator.
>>>
>>> My suggestion would be to provide a u-blox specific implementation for
>>> now, without looking at making it generic yet, and once we have
>>> several such implementations we can simplify the logic and build up
>>> the generic code to match all.
>>

>> I would like to add one note: NM does not call this
>> SetInitialEpsBearerSettings() method.
>> You will need a separate supervision to set it adequately on a given trigger
>> (when the modem is detected or when a new SIM is detected).

I'm looking into implementing the ModemManager portion of this in the u-blox
plugin.  In looking through the code, I noticed that the cinterion plugin
implements the Modem3gpp interface (where the SetInitialEpsBearerSettings()
method is defined) in mm-broadband-modem-cinterion.c, while the u-blox plugin's
counterpart does not implement it, opting to use the generic 3gpp code instead.
 Is there a good way to add the SetInitialEpsBearerSettings() method to the
u-blox plugin while still using all the rest of the generic 3gpp code?  I would
appreciate any guidance.

Thanks,

Andrew