Hey,

> As I am using Yocto and it seems it just supports MM until 1.12.12 I believe
> I will need to wait to use this functionality with QMI.

There should be no reason why you cannot use a newer release, you just
need to update the Yocto recipe.

> My modem (EM7455) is using MBIM protocol but I am controlling it with Modem
> Manager, not with mbim-glib.
> Question here: Does this imply that I need to use mbim-glib to be aware of
> these notifications ? Is it not possible to be aware of this notifications
> via ModemManager High-level API ?
> https://www.freedesktop.org/software/ModemManager/doc/latest/libmm-glib/

ModemManager would be using the libmbim-glib library, and it would be
ModemManager getting that notification we talked about. Looking at
only the MM DBus API, what you would see is that the State of the
modem object goes from Connected to Registered/Searching/idle, and you
would see the Connected property in the bearer object going from TRUE
to FALSE.

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es