Hi all,

The device I am using has a Cinterion® EXS82-W built-in and I am noticing some
weird behavior when it comes to Access Technologies and ModemCapatibiliy, IMHO
it doesn't make sense, but I guess I am wrong somewhere and would like to know
where.

Reading the AccessTechnologies property

busctl get-property org.freedesktop.ModemManager1
/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/0 org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Modem
AccessTechnologies
u 16384

The value 16384 should correspond to
MM_MODEM_ACCESS_TECHNOLOGY_LTE<https://github.com/linux-mobile-broadband/ModemManager/blob/1.18.8/include/ModemManager-enums.h#L236>.

Reading the SupportedCapabilities property

busctl get-property org.freedesktop.ModemManager1
/org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/Modem/0 org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Modem
SupportedCapabilities
au 1 4

The value should correspond to
MM_MODEM_CAPABILITY_GSM_UMTS<https://github.com/linux-mobile-broadband/ModemManager/blob/1.18.8/include/ModemManager-enums.h#L52>.

Question

How can it be that my modem supports only GSM/UMTS from the general access
technology families, but at the same time it is using the LTE technology when
registered with or connected to a network?

Thanks and cheers.