at last i am becoming a little bit moroe
of myself,

just like the anthropologist who knows a little too much about the whole
"self and others" controversey.

Isaac is a great big son of a bitch who knows a bit too much about the
actual process of putting things down right.

as if to say that i don't know a god damn thing,
as if to say i wish i was the one with the right words.

if knowing isaac since the fifth grade was the right answer,

if saying "jeremy, lets trade shoes" would fill the great big void.

i am on the other side of hearing all the songs of modest mouse,

trying to register all the computers of the university of iowa to pick up
the real player versions of songs i've never heard,  to vinally adapt to
the whole mp3 thing.

i remember a writing teacher explaining to us the significance of gossip
in the writing world,  but i do not care to finish,

i rememeber, being from the somewhat solid midwest, the few shows that
modest mouse played here,   decided that i would live by them until deep
into my 60's or 70's.......

what can i say for a butterfly necklace that will never leave my memory,
twitterig it's life away on someone else's neck.......
there's
a great big  indifference in me, and it doesn't concern rape or the
habitual grey of the northwest,  it goes back to what i have not yet been
able to hear,

the parasites will be excited when yr dead sessions,

the huge ass 7"  that would have rotted my bank account dry,  my inability
to hear songs 2000 miles away..
  i miss the past couple years of the e.p. or album every 6 months,

there's  a lot of things i forget,

but it seems to be locked up in a lot of "new longs"  and looking off into
the oceans.

I want a huge ass cd of everything modest mouse for my birthday,

not caring if the sun makes weird circles around the earth tomorrow.

there is a lot to say for a "band" that has changed your life and kept you
up late nights.

enough to not be taken away.

the sweat and long or short hair will make a memory of it all,
if you are drunk or will soon be you will relate

to the hardness or softness of being as
human as you can....

i'd rather show up late to  a modest mouse show than a date rape, but
this is as interesting as you want it to be.