On Sat, 27 Feb 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [...]
>
> Count me as someone who doesn't believe any of the rumors of rape or kidneys
> until proven otherwise.  But on ethics, I'd side more with Nicole than
> Christian.  We had this argument a year or two ago on Postal Blowfish.  It's
> one thing if someone is generally an unmitigated asshole, like Lou Reed or Bob
> Dylan, but whose work is good enough to respect.  But if someone is shown
> guilty of major felonies with no extenuating circumstances, I would have to
> say that my respect for them as artists would automatically go down.  Example
> -- can't take gangsta hip-hop artists seriously who go around shooting
> themselves and others.  Christian may give examples of dissolute 19th century
> French poets etc., but I'd respond that being a shitty human being
> automatically makes you a less effective and less honest artist.
>
> Loring Wirbel
> Monument, Colo.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> --------------- MESSAGE modestmouse.v001.n286.2 ---------------
>
> From: "Suneel Bhagat (NCR)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Dark Center on CD?
> Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:13:19 -0800
>
> MM neophyte asks:
>
> Is "Dark Center of the Universe" available on any CDs (compilations, etc.)?
> It ain't on any of the 4 that I have.
>
> Thanks,
>
> SB
>

> --------------- MESSAGE modestmouse.v001.n286.3 ---------------
>
> From: Tarita A Fazio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:26:17 -0800 (PST)
>
> Hey did anyone go to the 764-hero/Red Stars Theory/Auters show in SF last
> night?  I wanted to but it sold out and I was going to risk buying tix at
> the door but couldn't find anyone to go with me :(.  Anyways so did
> anyone go and how was it?
>

> --------------- MESSAGE modestmouse.v001.n286.4 ---------------
>
> From: "jayne 666" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RST
> Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:32:00 PST
>
> Hey all
> I just saw red stars theory play in San francisco last night.
> Jeremy is an awesome drummer.  He drums a really instense, hard and on
> time beat and then spins his stick in his hand we it's over - i love it.
> The Yoshi dude from Senic Vermont/Asiler's Set was there because
> Aliser's Set and 764-hero also played. Yoshi played with Modest MOuse in
> San Francisco in May.  James bertram is singing with 764 now.  Well,
> jeremy just played an awesome show - that's all.rys

> --------------- MESSAGE modestmouse.v001.n286.5 ---------------
>
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: black heart.
> Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:33:08 EST
>
> to the girl who was asking about the black heart procession....yes, they are
> amazing.  real quiet and slow, but beautiful.  the singer/saw/guitar player is
> from three mile pilot/clikitat ikatowi.  dont miss em.
>
> *carrie
>
> You just cleared something up for me.  I saw the black heart procession
  open for modest mouse in boise, and I bought a three mile pilot 7"
  because all I knew was I liked the band I was watching, and that they
  had a fairly long name.  I found out when I sobered up that they were
  called the black heart procession, not 3 mile pilot.  But now I guess I
  didn't fuck up as bad as I thought.