>dug's always said that he's incredibly lazyand is far from a
> >perfectionist.

Now I'm no self-proclaimed BTS expert, but it seems to me that if you wait
almost a full year after the completion of recording an album to release it,
either you had difficulties of some kind (legal problems?  lyrics in "You
Were Right"?) or you were being very careful.  I was a new BTS fan with
PFNO, but I think KILAS has some serious merit.  I had to run over the same
ground again, but I really think that the mint production on the album
highlights the songwriting, a craft that is highly underrated.  I hear
backwards drum loops and multiple guitar layers at times, and those kinds of
things are not for the casual musician.  I think Doug has a very definite
sound he is trying to create when he hits the studio, and he succeeds.

And as far as all this hot air about Epic, if you think a contract is going
to change the way the boys record albums, then you must have very little
faith in their own motives.  A band can sign to a major and not sell a
million copies, by the way (Mr. Bungle being my favorite example, I
imagine).  Remember, this is not a hobby to these guys anymore, it's a JOB.
And they have to put food on the table.  I don't think they're going to be
staring down the barrel of a 7-figure deal when they have sold like 20,000
copies of their last album.  Call me realistic, but the music industry
climate is just not like that right now.  So, can we all relax about the
Epic thing?  All of yr dreams will come true...all of my dreams came true,
but now I have some new dreams...

da da da,
*phiL*