If you want to talk about genius lyrics, I personally would include just
about everything save for dog paddle, jesus christ . . ., and dirty
fingernails. not that i don't like those songs (okay, i don't like jesus
christ was an only child), they just seem a bit more tossed-off.
but if i had to pick one, it would be (and i am amazed no one has mentioned
this one):

"let's all have another orange julius / thick syrup, standing in lines. / the
malls are the soon-to-be ghost towns, well so long, farewell, goodbye . . .
take 'em all for the long ride and you'll go downtown, no one wants to be
uptight anymore / you can be ashamed and be so proud of what you've done . . "

there's just so much . . . sometimes (very often, actually) isaac absolutely
amazes me . . . the profundity of so many of his lyrics is astounding.  i
honestly, no bullshit, think is a genius poet who stands up to most any
contemporary "proper" poet (including all those beat cats). . .there are few
other modern-day musicians i would include in this category (mark kozelek of
the red house painters springs to mind).

sometimes, (and i don't mean this to sound negative at all; every experience
i've had with isaac has been great, as with the rest of the band) it's hard
to match the person with the work.

just thinking aloud
star