I got Smog's newest cd, which I must
> say, is fucking terrible,  today I bought The Red House Painters self
titled
> cd which equally is boring and not very good, I also bought Belle &
> Sebastians Tigermilk, which I should say is pretty good, but still, Im
not
> listening to it daily.  I thought these bands would write beautiful chord

> progressions like NMH and MM or BTS or even Archers of Loaf but alas I
was
> and continue to be dissapointed with my consistent loss of funds.

uhmmm..i think you're the last person who i'd wanna start anything with on
this list ;) but..belle and sebastian, red house painters, and smog all
sound nothing like nmh, mm, or bts and ESPECIALLY archers of loaf.
belle and sebastian are like brit folk stuff with an off and on electronic
sound.
red house painters is a dreamer band i guess.  they sound like they did all
their recording on an ocean coast :P
smog is depressing, light guitar stuff.  i can't actually describe smog the
right way because it's not folk or classic or indie or anything like that.
smog can't really be given a label that'd fit it right.
buuuuuuut..none of these bands remind me or sound like any of the bands you
mention in the least.
- amy