I expected too much from Dogma, including a coherent plot line.  There
were moments, don't get me wrong.  The first family planning clinic scene,
the "voice of god" spitting tequila, the opening scene.  Kevin Smith
needed a good editor, though, and he aparently didn't get one.

Young Catholics are experiencing a return to hipness that their
ecumenical, Protestan brothers and sisters aren't.  All that interesting
christian "mythology" belongs to the Pope, not some lame televangelist.
I think that's what made this film possible - a resurgence of interest in
the silliness of arcane religious beliefs mixed around with hope that it's
true.  Oh yeah, and the fact that K.S. is Catholic.

atheism is dead,
-selena