That thought never crossed my mind, I've always thought the opposite.
This is a Long Drive has some of the grittiest Mouse stuff out there, I
think...
Breakthrough, Tundra/Desert...I'd be hard pressed to name anything more
aggressive than the "sssssssshit!" from tundra/desert. I think they're both
excellent albums, Lonesome Crowded West is a little more polished than Long
Drive, but I think they're both a pretty healthy mix of agression and
reflection. Long Drive has some of my favorite MM songs and some of my least
favorite, while LCW is more 'pleasing' as a whole.