top 10 (or so...) list, in no particular order:

1. Bright Eyes, letting off the happiness (Ok, I know this came out last
year, but...I seriously haven't gotten an album I was this excited about in
years.  I want to lock myself in my room and listen to it on repeat for
hours. Its incredible. Every second of every song...beautiful. This album
makes me not care that I'm single. I could spend the rest of my life
alone...it wouldn't matter as long as I have this cd to listen to. I can't
say enough about this album.)

2. Beulah--When Your Heartstrings Break (god damn, this album is good. And
they're incredible live.)

3. Lilys-The 3 Way (they sound like the zombies. no one else has done the
british sound this well in the last five years)

4. Built to Spill- Keep it Like a Secret (obviously. )

5. Belle and Sebastian--tigermilk (thank god they reissued this.)

6. Postmarked Stamps Compilation ( I know these 7"s came out years ago, but
the comp cd was released this year, and it's beautiful. The deadwood divine
song is brilliant.)

7. The Promise Ring-Very Emergency (alot of people don't like this album, but
shit...it makes me happy. And they're amazing live. i don't know what
happened to Davey, but it worked...this album is great.)

8. Joan of Arc--Live in Chicago 1999 (i can't lie. tim kinsella can do no
wrong, as far as I'm concerned.)

9.Kleenex Girl Wonder (all of it. I'd never heard them till russ suggested
them. thanks russ. The Gay Gigolo 7" and Ponyoak....amazing.)

10. Built to Spill/Marine Research split 7" (The MR side I could do without,
but BTS' cover of By The Way is rad. I wish I'd seen them play it live.)

11. The Make Up--I Want Some (hey baby, ow! yeah baby! come here baby! i love
ian svenonius. this album makes me wanna dance. Actually, their new one is
good too.)

what else came out this year?

*mer*