In a message dated 2/17/00 7:44:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< No, it would not.  How do you know that God created us?  How do you know
 that God isn't a blind, ignorant energy field which has no direct way of
 communicating with us (that's actually pretty much what I believe)?  How
 do you know that God didn't create some much more advanced life-forms in
 Alpha Centauri who show MUCH more promise than us and don't spend all
 this time bickering and listening to music and watching TV, and we are
 just some nutty accident that He's watching with amusement?

we're just a trite species that has it all wrong. . .blah, blah, blah.  how
boring.
in re: subjective reality, if in fact, everything is subjective, and it is
all we know, then it becomes fact subjectively.  and therefore, if we have
now way of knowing it any other way, it becomes fact as closely as we can
experience it, and the idea that maybe it's all wrong doesn't matter anyway,
because we can't go any further with it. therefore subjective reality =
reality as we know it = other reality is, more or less, irrelevant at this
time.
i would partially agree that atheism is retarded, if only because it seems to
be a label to apply to oneself in opposition of something that otherwise,
apparently, doesn't have an effect on your life.  if the concept of gods had
not been created, atheism wouldn't exist.  i am not a potato, but i do not
make up a term to state my non-potato-ness.  it is just accepted, by me, that
i am not a potato, and therefore, i do not concern myself with the activities
of potatoes, and i do not bother to make it any clearer to them through the
use of a label my lack of potato-ity.
much of the bible has yet to be proven, as well, and it was written by human
hands.

just a few things that i was thinking about
star