Let me preface this email by saying "I completely HATED the book "High Fidelity" and
only finished it becauseI had heard so many good things, I kept HOPING it would at
some point become mediocre at least. Unfortunately, it did not."

> Is high fidelity based on the book or is it something else?

yes, John Cusack himslef translated Nick Hornby's book.
> And if it is how true to the book is it because the book is
> incredibibible.

It is very true to the book. Except that it takes place in Chicage. And it is somewhat
cute, but that's  entirely due to the physical appearance of John Cusack. And I didn't
comletely hate this version. But I didn't really think it was good, either.

but just an opinion,
Karina