this might be interesting...

*j*

news.chats.mp3s.videos.etc.

This week we'll start with some yellow journalism -- rumors, gossip and libel from
everyone's favorite punk rock gossip monger, Karate Shirtveste.  Karate dishes some
dirt on THE EXPLOSION, MODEST MOUSE, JOAN OF ARC and more.  For the full scoop, check
out:
http://www.insound.com/insoundoff/index.cfm?id=33

Also, read the confessions of an indie rock record collector in the new insoundoffs:
http://www.insound.com/insoundoff/index.cfm?id=32

Upcoming chats:

TELEGRAPH MELTS: Thursday, May 4
PRINCESS SUPERSTAR: Friday, May 5
ILLYAH KRYAHKIN: Sunday, May 7
AZUSA PLANE: Thursday, May 11

For a complete schedule, check out:
http://www.insound.com/chat/

Featured MP3s this week:

A DON PIPER SITUATION
PARIS, TEXAS
SEAN TILLMAN
SWEEP THE LEG JOHNNY

Download these and more at:
http://www.insound.com/mp3/

In the MACHINE, Jenny and Kristin take on Napster and make an open call out to the
internet community, asking everyone to consider new revenue models for indie artists.
This article pointedly details how mechanical royalties and most current internet
models do not translate into substantial revenues for artists.  For the full article,
check out:
http://www.insound.com/machine/essay.cfm?id=20

In the CINEMA, we have TARA COOPER'S "Live and Let Ride" -- a skate documentary, as
well as an interview with REYNOLD REYNOLD'S and short music interview segments with
SHIPPING NEWS and JUKEBOXER.

For the best undergroung films and videos you've never seen:
http://www.insound.com/cinema/

And lastly, don't forget to support Insound's very own Mike Galinsky, whose
literary-photo-documentary, "Scraps" is up for best music book at:
http://thecomicstore.com/Merchant/ballot.htm

Other books that are available at Insound, including David Berman's "Actual Air" and
"Outcast" by Jose Latour are also up for awards.

Vote early and often and don't forget to buy the book while your at it:
http://www.insound.com/annex/search.cfm?query=galinsky

www.insound.com
neglecting average culture