> a silver mt. zion?  i don't know what this is.. related to
> godspeedyoublackemperor, maybe?  probably members of?

its effrim and thierry (and maybe sophie?) from godspeed.

> the new camera obscura is really good, but i'd recommend seeing them live on
> the tour they're currently doing before buying the record.. they are my
> bloody valentine if my bloody valentine were from the san diego hardcore
> scene?  maybe.

i second that, camera obscura rules.

> oh, and that band bright eyes that no one listened to three months ago?
> they're perdy good.  their new album "fevers and mirrors" is the worst thing
> that's ever happened to me.  it's beautiful, subtle (not really), and it
> sounds nothing at all like commander venus -- whoever said that heard "the
> calendar hung itself" once and made a hasty statement.  the studioness is a
> little much, but, whatever.  get this.

i dont like the faked lo-fi that they apparently just threw in . i like
the real lo-fi from all the earlier recordings...i, too think its funny at
how huge this band has gotten in the last few months. song number three on
that cd absolutely blows.

> and
>
> ORCHID!

word on that. i think they just released a split 7" with the red
scare...who i will get to in a minute...

> now that i have opened my cd player to all of you and given some of the best
> recommendations that i can give, i need your help!  i need info.  who here
> knows about the blood brothers?  red scare?  killsadie?  tell me everything
> you know and i will be forever grateful..

the blood brothers have a split 7" with milemarker and a 7" all their own
out. i think their lp was just released on hopscotch. the cd version will
be released this summer on second nature recordings. they used to be very
san diego-ish....references to blood and vampires and all that lame
shit. they sounded totally antioch arrow. i heard some new stuff and its a
bit different...the vocals are still snotty but the music is a bit less
hectic and frantic.

red scare have an lp on hand.held.heart and a cd version of that on
troubleman. they remind me of a less punk rock version of heroin. or, a
slowed down, less crazy angel hair. in any case, theyre really good.

i think killsadie is like some metal-ish band.