This is my first post to this list, but I've been on it a while.  I've only got a few things to say and/or ask.
    First, is anyone on here from or around Virginia?  Apparently a lot of you are from just North of here, but I haven't seen any representation from the Confederacy except for maybe Texas and North Carolina.
    Secondly, is anyone going to the shows at the Black Cat in DC on May 23rd and 24th?  My friend and I are skipping school for two days to see them both nights.
    C)  Is anyone going to Elliott Smith at the 9:30 club on the 12th?  Who is Whiskey Biscuit?  I've never heard of them nor can I find any information regarding them anywhere.
    IV-- Going back a few days to a topic that almost came up on here, what is everyone's favorite song lyrically by Modest Mouse?  I love the first third of Styrofoam Boots.  I read it for my English class for poetry month.  It did not go over too well with the southern baptists, but it still was golden.
    Finally, I read somewhere (most likely on here, but I swear I cannot remember) that one of the big differences between Built to Spill and Modest Mouse is how Doug Martsch writes lyrics despite the music while Isaac Brock writes in concert with the music.  This seems to be true.  I can identify with entire songs by MM, while BTS is more like Emerson...their aphorisms are great, but taken together they border on suck.

        Well that's it,
                    Ben