From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: modest mouseketeer
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 00:20:52 EDT

i can't believe that i've done what i've done, but i am finally at the tail
end of my trip.  I have been following the mouse since dallas and will end
tomorrow night in phoenix.  that means i have followed them across texas,
through new mexico and over to arizona.  That's five shows, 2,500 miles, and
about two cartons of cigarettes.  last night jeremiah asked me if i was
stalking them and i told him that i was just taking the long way to phoenix
since i'll be living there for a couple months this summer.  they are all
really cool guys and i have been on the guest list everynight so i haven't
had to pay to get in, but if you figure in gas money i'm paying about double
the door price.  it's been the most fun five days i've had in a long while
and if i had the funds i would go all the way to seattle with them.  the
shows have been nothing less than spectacular with an almost completely
different set each night.  the shins are good, califone is good, and the
mouse is good and the moon and antarctica album has kept me sane for all
these miles.  i can't stop listening to the damn record, it's so diverse
from
beginning to end and it's such a nicely structured album that i have to say
it is the best damn thing they have done.  i want to become the first mouse
head but i think someone has already done what i've done.  oh well, next
time
they go on tour maybe i can find someone to go with me.  it's lonely on the
road but this whole trip was worth it.

damn i love lazy summers,
jacob