Honestly, this here conglomerate of Modest Mouse fans
is really starting to mature into a full-fledged
"mailing list" with all of the in-fighting, senseless
bickering, bastardized insight and other such random
nonsense.  I gotta say:  Rawk on!

Re: hockey
First of all, last night's game was very awesome
indeed.  I think it's fun for me to watch because I'm
not really cheering for either team.  I mean, it
would've been great if the Devils had won just to get
to see the Cup being hauled out, but just the same I'd
love to see the Stars win again and take this all the
way to Game 7.  Two conference finals to 7, then the
finals to 7?  Unprecedented.
And really, complaining about Hatcher's kids beating
the Cup with plastic swords is ridiculous.  If that
makes you cringe, you REALLY need to read up on yr
Stanley Cup lore for some hilarious stories of Cup
debauchery.  I read a great story once in the Wall
Street Journal about the gentleman whose job it is to
escort the Cup everywhere.  For those of you who did
not know, when a team wins the Cup, each player gets
one full day to do whatever he wants with it (which is
the basis for those recent NHL commercials with
Belfour on the Scrambler and Hull locking it in his
ride).

Re: NJ, the state
You know, Pennsylvania has traffic circles and cow
manure as well.  And really neither are very bad in
moderation considering the alternatives (which would
be gridlock and the stench of the city, respectively).

Re: lawsuit
At least the person wasn't claiming that Modest Mouse
ratified NAFTA or invaded Kuwait.  It made me chuckle.

Re: live shows
I think the only drawback to a band becoming more
popular is how the diversity of the crowd at their
concerts is altered.  There will be those who come
because their insider buddies scored "+1" on the guest
list, or those who come just to be seen.  I used to
complain about DC crowds, but looking back at the
Mogwai show I saw last September at the Black Cat, the
only sounds I could hear during the quiet moments were
empty beer bottles hitting the trash can.  In
comparison, everyone in Philly and San Francisco felt
the need to carry on conversations amongst themselves.

Re: a trade
Is there a Josh Rosen on this mailing list?  If so,
could you please e-mail me?

Re: transoo3
Is anyone else going to the Transmissions festival in
Chapel Hill in July?  Just curious.

end lengthy post,
*phiL*