On 2.26.00, the Mouse played the Icehouse in Victoria B.C.  It's a little stripclub
attached to a hotel, apparently, and has no listing in the phone book.

The 8th tune they played was a little jam where Isaac made up a bunch of words and he
speaks of lots of things that happened last year.  It's really hard to understand, but
I transcibed it the best I could.  So here it is:

it was like this in 1999
it was like this in 1874
it was like this when you were a child
it was like this when I was a whore well

they were amassing troops on the back of the isles
they were sayin th' things they were all in denile
they were talkin about their own front lip
it smelled like, it smelled like shit an' they

they were eatin' popcorn out of a dish
they were sayin' I wish, I wish, I wish
I was buried in a 1999
I was left and I left my own self behind
still livin' but you know I'm not denying
said well I said and I said this
in 1918 things were better when
I was nothin but a sweater now

I'm born again as another man
I'm livin on this in this foreign land
I used to be angora, angora fleece
livin' on salad eatin' peas
and noone knew, and noone cared
and you didn't know whether you want......
not like you were thinkin then and as
your resurrection read the cinnamon
and I was not to be confused
and then in 1882 they say.........

things are going wrong from the beginning
and noone was losing and noone was winning
they just fuck each other up

then in 1999 I was in a park in Chicago
oh that was like ............ you know he was sayin' when
I'm not talkin' about no bullshit
I went to talk to the Italian boys that hung out there
and they said that they would rather see me dead or diss my cap
they broke my jaw and I was left to die
I walked away and I called my mom and
said Hell ya, it sucked ya, I loved it, break my jaw now

you ring on, you ring on, ya got your ring on, you were just figurin' it out
one thing you remembered you were never even once .........
you were, when sleepin'
 you were sleepin' when they sayin'  when there was a forn again

mistakes were made and I ended up in Florida
things were not right
I didn't care about what to do
and what you'd become
either way you end up or n'dumb
that's alright with me now
thats alright with me now
what do want to me well

the troops they were amassing on the porch
They wanted to be on the port
In the court of the gulf gulf center
the things were better
and noones really comin' here
and talkin' loud
and you're talking proud
and you're trunkin now
aw shit
you said that what you meant then
what you did then was you want to have sex
and you did not do
you could not do
you could not pull it off, but you tried to
and you said well I don't need
I don't need to wear myself a bikini today

which brings me to the embarrasment
I was sittin' on a rat at park setiment
and they said hell ya, oh hell ya
you look naked as shit but
you were drunk
you didn't care and
what was you needed

Thats it.  Keep in mind that since it's usually hard to understand Isaac, I had to
guess on a few things.  Like Park Setiment could have been sentiment.  Dots show
places where the lyrics were unrecognizable.

I listened to another show where Isaac got really serious and said that he had
something he wanted to say.  Most people were just talking instead of listening and he
said "Fuck it, you don't give a shit anyway"

>>> "J to the R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 06/14/00 11:12AM >>>
What the hell is "an extropian?"

But you pose a good question/query Robbins, Mark...

I've listened to the new album a few times, and is it just me reading
into it, or are there a lot of subtle references to the "rape allegations"...

I'd love to hear people's thematic interpretations...

like, is 3rd planet about abortion?  so far, that's my initial theory...

"we used to be 3 and not just two"

And does anyone else notice the eerie similarity between

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com