hmmm....  well, i guess it could have been in 1987 that i was in SF on Monday watching
people mosh to modest mouse.  to think of it, it does seem like more than 4 days ago,
yeah, it was13 years ago.  But wait, punk rock 101?  um, i could take that, and learn
all about up and coming bands like outtaline, and stunt monkey, and the likes (i think
ive had this elitest punk rock discussion on air on my punk radio show a few too many
times to discuss it here now), but last i heard (Despite what the SF Examiner sez) MM
is not punk.  I think they are generally, or were now that they are on epic, referred
to as "the number one indie band in the world."  then again, maybe i cannot tell the
difference.  indie, punk, indie, punk?  i dunno, im from seattle.  we have music.  who
cares if its indie or punk.  but it seems to matter here in CA, cuz people talk shit
about one another.  I enjoy talking shit about both because I am both.  and, speaking
of santa cruz moshers, i saw violent femmes !
there 4 months ago.  moshing.  i saw sunny day real estate there 9 months ago.
moshing.  and i dont even mosh anymore.  but its the MOUSE.  they should have shown
respect.  then again, much like the "elitest" punkers, im an "elitest" mouser.  i love
my mouse and nobody will fuck with them.  except maybe the murder city devils, whom
should stop.  thats all.
  - cameron