> Hello all, I wanted to share this experience with you. I went to the
> EMP(Experience Music Project) opening on Sunday in Seattle. I saw the
> concerts that day. On of my favorite all time bands was there. Built To
> Spill. Almost every Modest Mouse fan I know loves BTS. Anyway, when we were
> at the show BTS played a few covers. Neil Young's "Cortez the killer" and
> Ozzy's "Mr.Crawler" but here's the weirdest one of all. BTS played a cover
> of Macy Gray's "I try" That song that's on VH1 and MTV like every two
> minutes. Doug(BTS front man) said they were playing it for a close friend.
> Their rendition was wonderful. Everything those guys touch turns to gold in
> my opinion. It was just funny watching Doug say "I try to walk away but I
> stumble" HAHAHA I was just like, WTF??? HAHAHA

Yeah, I was there as well, and I couldn't believe how great that song was
when covered by Built to Spill.  But it was definitely strange having
all these non-Built to Spill fans around me singing along to that song,
when I was singing alone to all the others... but, yeah.  They are
amazing, incredible, wonderful.

Oh, and as far as books go, everyone must read How Green Was My Valley.
It has to be the most beautifully written book ever.