I was just in Vancouver this past Friday and picked up a local free
music magazine. I was suprised to find a Modest Mouse - Moon and Antartica
review.

<---- article start  ---->

Modest Mouse
The Moon and Antartica

    I have seen the future: Modest Mouse will be the hottest band in the
land. Once The Moon and Antartica hits the airwaves, Wal-Mart will be
stocking posters of these improbable hit makers and front man Isaac Brock
will grace the cover of every magazine, including Basketball Weekly and
Martha Stewart Living. Statues will be erected in the band's honour in every
City Square and public park. All this and more because4 of the fact that the
band's stunning major label debut -- The Moon and Antartica, a loose concept
album about lost identity and isolation -- is the percect drug. It makes
your teeth whiter, your thoughts deeper and your waistline thinner. One
listen to epic alt-rock track "The Stars Are Projectors," or slap-dash hit
"Gravity Rides Everything" and you'll feel ten years younger and ten times
richer. It will restore your faith in the power of alternative rock and the
electric guitar. Then again, maybe this release will suffer the same fate as
every major label record released by like-minded bands the Pixies adn Built
To Spill -- another great record that nobody's ever heard. Well, whatever.
Nevermind. (Epic/Sony)

    -Christopher Waters

<---- article stop  ---->