On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I remember someone mentioning the lyrics in between two songs on M & A and
> how he/she thought they were familiar (Something like "I don't know but I've
> been told, you never die (something...) and you never grow old").  Well, I
> was minding my own business in the dentist's chair when Last Dance With Mary
> Jane by Tom Petty came on the radio.  Petty sings these exact lyrics.
> However, I still feel like I've heard the lyrics somewhere else...

Actually, that might be something you remember from Sunday school. "You'll
never die & you'll never grow old" is a pretty common theme in organized
religious views of heaven. I don't listen to Petty's lyrics indepth
enough to comment on that part (who knew smoking marijuana would make you
think of something like the afterlife?! Hah.)

Maybe it was the Novicane?
Justin