The thing with Hip-Hops shows seems too be little bang for the buck.. the
last few big shows around here like Pharcyde and Kool Keith.. they show up
and do like 30 mins of songs and leave and it costs like $20-$25 for the
show at a club no less... maybe it's just Austin.. .

--Last time I saw Pharcyde was like 4 or 5 years ago at the Blue Note in
Columbia, MO, and it cost $15.00, and they played for 30 min., just like you
said.  I was so pissed.  The opening and closing act was this DJ, who was
really good, but he played for free every Thurs. night at this other bar in
town.  I felt completely ripped off and swore I'd never see them again.  So,
it's not just Austin, unless maybe it's just college towns.