<< I recently
 moved back here after living in Colorado for the last 8 years and haven't
 found a good bookstore yet. >>

its a little hard to get to if you're in the city and don't have a car, i
dont know if even the commuter rail has a stop nearby, but the new england
mobile book fair in newton on needham st. is a great bookstore. they have
about every book in print available. its a warehouse with shelves and shelves
as far as you can see. its a little tricky to find stuff since they sort
everything by publisher and then by booktitle, not author. but they have
computers which can help you out. and i dont know exactly how they give
discounts, i think its 20% for staff selections and something else. but you
never pay full price. $23 comes to $17, $18, etc.
and victor hugo on newbury st. is okay from what i remember. havent been
there in a while. but its mostly used books. i got two or three fletch books
for a couple bucks.

and the show that will be better than weezer, modest mouse, and even
dillinger four. from the white stripes webpage:
9/22/2000
The Roxy
Boston , MA
Finally, the White Stripes in Boston!!! No more angry emails from Bostonians
threating to stone me with baked beans. The show is gonna be totally wicked
awesome and if all goes as planned, my first born is gonna be named Nomar.