thanks for the update. It's almost as good as a malkmus solo album...

but uh...what ever happened to that pavement video/dvd thing that was
supposed to be released?

.mer.

<< I know we have some Pavement fans here, so I thought I'd pass along the
 latest word from Matador. Words follow:

 Matador announces new album from
 aspiring singer-songwriter and friends.

 We're still not sure of titles, dates or anything else, but
 we can tell you that sometime in early 2001, Matador will be
 releasing a new full-length album by STEPHEN MALKMUS,
 fronting a new trio known as THE JICKS. We at Matador have
 always been supportive of new, unheard artists, and we're
 confident that the rock & roll stylings of these youngsters
 will be like nothing you have ever heard. OK, check that,
 they will actually be very much like something you have heard
 (but something very good, indeed).