Cliff Rayman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> make __DATA__ available to which subroutine??
>
> only way I can think to do that effectively is: read the data, write it to a
> temporary file, watching our for any security concerns, and replace the
> standard DATA  file handle with on that is opened to the temporary file that
> was written.
>
> cliff rayman
> genwax.com

Or just open the .cgi script, seek to the __DATA__ portion, and alias
that filehandle over DATA when a given registry script executes.  No
muss, no fuss, and probably more compatible than what you mention
(seeking on DATA etc).

Chip

--
Chip Turner                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                              Programmer, ZFx, Inc.  www.zfx.com
                              PGP key available at wwwkeys.us.pgp.net